1.10.2008

MY, WHAT BIG TEETH YOU HAVE!

And speaking of breach of etiquette...

Welcome to the new year, ladies and gentlemen. The smells of new spring mingle with the avuncular aromas of this silly pipe tobacco I've so recently taken to smoking. It's a disgusting habit, but I enjoy watching smoky ghosts bloom and arabesque into the whisper of drizzle outside my balcony. My mind wanders. I conjure images of intellectual pioneers; of bearded poetry dragons. Ginsbergs. The brain binds in Kerouacky tar. It's here I meet the close boundaries of my imagination. Shame on me for being so clumsy with my inherited erudition. But honesty is the proxy of talent, so they say, so share I will.

Tonight I'm the insomniac. Bless the little children wrapped tightly in blankets. Daisies in a moonlight meadow with only the specter of dreams to tease their imaginations. Pure white petals in pale starlight. I, on the other hand, I have the hands of the devil this evening. What of purpose these nights if only to stalk an invisible prey? Nothing to do! Nothing to say! Boredom in my backyard! Perfidy in my palace, for new readers dine with us tonight!

I had forgotten the sting of performance that travels with these posts. Let pilgrims in the door and more follow. Open your chest and your guts pour out. My point? Ha! Embrace the meta-irony! Charge into the dark, and grin with wolfish teeth. What better message than no message? (You're just showing off now!)

This is MY space! Freedom of ownership! You are welcome guests here, though. Chuckle and grin at the farce. But what fun, this con! Read on and find tiny gems amongst the sand. Relish the discovery, and try not to judge too harshly. It's just a proxy for talent, of course, but that's entertainment I say, I say, I say. C'mon in, all. There's room for plenty.

Just don't say I didn't warn you...

1 comment:

inkyfingers said...

Check It: http://www.westemby.com/wp02/wordpress/?p=188

W