2.21.2006

A NEW CAREER IN A NEW TOWN

so the new job goes a-like-a this:

i was nads-deep in snow-runoff water (cold-ass water), watching my breath steam out into the morning air (cold-ass morning air), around sunrise on my day off from grad school (cold-ass) today. it wasn't until i had walked halfway back to my car that i noticed i had lost half a toenail on a sharp rock in the river, but i had been too numb to notice. still, it beats working retail, and they gave me a spiffy hat to wear, so i'm pretty happy.

my roommate's a med student, so he get's a lot of cool shit to play with. today he got a silicone model of a breast (with creepy lumps in it, but still a breast), and i spent my few free minutes trying to stick it to things in the apartment. right now, it's attached to the freezer, which i think is pretty cool.

let it never be said that i'm tough to please...

No comments: