9.25.2005

OH THIS WILD AND STRANGE PLACE

i got into it with a yankee fan today in the Safeway parking lot. he started it. i noticed him on my way out, he was wearing a NY shirt with 'Ruth' printed on the back and i, in my Boston cap, gave him the nod of 'ahoy, friend! our passion for the game unites us!' to which he replied, 'Red Sox suck,' without a hint of humor or irony.

oh they suck? thought i, just like your taste in women? making note of the bulbous she-demon walking along side my newest nemesis, though a quick analysis of the man's physical stature and my own disadvantage of being burdened with armloads of groceries told me perhaps the thought was best kept inside my head rather than out.

he escaped with a tacit warning from my smoldering eyes that beamed, 'your behavior degrades both you and the team you claim to support, should we happen upon each other again, i will be more than willing to deal you out a stiff thrashing. until that day, sir!'

strange days, indeed....

No comments: