11.02.2006

GODS LOVE ME

During my somewhat-Christian upbringing, we never spoke much about Karma, but over the years I've come to believe in the subtle balance the Hindu divine provide in everyday life. Karmic harmony, as it seems, is not without a sense of humor. I have begged and pleaded for some sort of redemption amidst the boorish skullduggery of this moronic species of ours, but to no avail. Politics have utterly failed to impress me (e.g. John Kerry, who, despite the use of both hands and a device designed for the express purpose of finding one, could not locate a sense of humor), and the continuing phalanx of devoted Lost/Survivor/Grey's Anatomy/etc. followers makes me go, hmmmmmm. However, seek the divine and you shall find the divine. Karmic balance in this version of the universe, in my eyes, does indeed exist. Take for instance the following:

1. Ann Coulter may rack up some jail time for fraud (P.S. I'll arm wrestle you for the rights to the Ann Coulter-Martha Stewart women's prison B-movie).

2. Evil Dead: The Musical is making it's NY debut at New World Stages on 50th.

If you can't see all my hopes and dreams fulfilled in the brightest binary-star the gods have bestowed upon me, well, good luck in the next life, buddy. I'll send you a postcard from Nirvana (where Evil Dead: The Musical will be playing every night at 8:30).

No comments: