11.16.2006

OH THE DAY I'VE HAD

Business card distribution, as a rule, should be limited to exchanges only; thou shalt not give out personal information without a in-kind token of trust from others.

I remarked as much to myself at 11:30 last night in the home of a complete stranger (in the very same neighborhood where I, if so desired, would purchase Meth) who showed me all the "strange and bizarre plants" in his garden, introduced me to his 3 cats/daughter, and gave me a squash. I'll exercise a little leniency with this guy, though, since he's a botany freak like me (PS. 12 days and counting since a girl touched any part of my body, excluding handcuffs and a MeterMaid taser).

Still, as a personal philosophy, I've decided to become less accessible to the public. Spend a moment in my size 12s, and see what I mean:

(phone rings)
you:
Good morning, you've reached [your company name]
deep, menacing voice: Who is this?
you: This is [your name] with [your company name], how can I help you?
deeper, more menacing voice: What do you do?
you: We provide technical consulting, volunteer organization, etc. etc. ... How can I help you?
deepest, most menacing voice: What do you look like?

(considerable pause)

you:
Sir, can I help you with something?
saddened, dejected voice: My wife has just left me, and I found your business card in her dresser.

No comments: